Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wine-o: Four Vines Chardonnay

Four Vines, 2009 Chardonnay, Santa Barbara, CA


A couple weeks ago I drove to the Macadoodle's in Pineville, MO.  I had a mission.  My stepsister had just told me that during her visit to our parents they had gone down to Temecula, CA and had a great day of wine tasting.  I was determined that I too could have wine tasting despite the fact that I currently reside in NW Arkansas.  My Mission: a case of 12 different wines from California for my own personal tasting.

From the vineyard: 

"Step away from the barrel! This Chardonnay was fermented in 100% stainless steel and has not seen any oak, nor does it want to. This is crisp, concentrated Chardonnay with all its natural acid. Naked exhibits apple, white peach, and pear, finishing long with hints of citrus and mineral. Eat oysters and drink "Naked" often!! Share with a friend..."

This wine is very tart and quite dry.  It has almost a greenish tinge in coloring.  The aroma is very strong and sharp.  The tart flavor got stronger after it had been open a couple days.  A day after opening the wine tasted more of fruit flavors.

Freya's Score: 7 -the price is right!  I would bring this to a friend's house as a hostess gift.

Cost: ~$10 Southern Missouri, bought from the Macadoodle's location in Pineville, MO.  This is a great deal if you purchase it with the fantastic Macadoodle's case of wine deal.  10% off all bottles of wine not already on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!