Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Culture Bit: NW Arkansas Loves Dogs

Northwest Arkansas loves dogs.  Which is fabulous.

There are dogs everywhere, at shops, offices, parks, almost every residential yard; everywhere.

Allow me to introduce Freya, my dog.  On a camping trip this weekend she made many a friend, canine and human alike.  And I had many people ask me what kind of dog she is because her hair is so soft and she is so well behaved.

Why her hair is so soft, I have no idea.  She is well behaved because I have a very generous boss who lets me bring her to work everyday.  I am a strict disciplinarian and she has been expected to adopt office manners.

I decided she had to have a part in my digital life because people in town now recognize me through her.  If Freya is seen, then people look for me, they know she can't be far.  She is definitely my best friend, and she thinks she is also my Knight and protector to the end!

I found Freya through Petfinder and got her at the local Animal Shelter.  For those of you who are considering a pet I greatly recommend adoption as it is beneficial to the dog, society, and you.  It is important to be selective to make sure the dog is the right fit for you and your family.

Most recently, a dog was brought to my office that was found on a bike/walking trail in downtown.  We have posted Lost & Found notices throughout the area, on Facebook, and Craigslist.  While we have not found her owner yet, we have had many people show an interest in adopting her.  I am hopeful that through our NW Arkansas network we can place her in a home and not the pound.

We all wonder if she was abandoned.  How someone could do that to a loving creature, I do not know.  I told my friend today that I don't get spiritual about a lot of things, but dogs are one of them.  I think they come into our lives for a reason and maybe their impact on our life goes further than we could ever imagine...  I hope that little Goldie will find a good home.

More to come later on the idea of doggy reincarnation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!