Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wine-0.2007 Masked Rider, Petit Syrah


I confess to many people that I am a wine-o, I love trying new and different wines.  However, I do not pretend to be a well educated wine taster.  This is a skill I look forward to honing as I pass through life.

Wine of the Evening: Masked Rider, Petit Sirah, 2007  Sonoma, California

This 2007 Petite Sirah has lots of dark plum, blackberry and fruit aromas. The taste of berries and black pepper on the mouth.  A smooth mouthfeel and rounded tannins make this an enjoyable red wine.

The words that came to mind when drinking this were soft, and round.  It has a longer finish, lingering pleasantly in the mouth.

It is recommended to eat this with chicken or pork, and I think it would go well with a pork roast.  That being said I am sure it will taste lovely next to tonight's venison quesadillas.

Price ~$10 (Missouri, Macadoodle's)

Freya's Rating: 6
I probably would not buy it again, but it was a great deal as a part of the Macadoodle's case deal (buy a case of wine and get 10% off all wines not on sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!