Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wine-o: Smoking Loon Chardonnay

Smoking Loon 2009 Chardonnay, California
Alcohol:  13.5%
Price: ~$10.50

I confess, I bought this wine because of the amazing store display.  There is a sweepstake for this bike, and of course I entered myself, and The BF into it.  How cool would it be to have a wine cruiser bike?! (The only downside is that this is not a step through "ladies" cruiser which is my favorite...)

I selected a Chardonnay from their wide variety which included Old Vine Zinfandel, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, and more.  The wine had a pleasant, subtle taste of fruits.  It wasn't as dry as I prefer, but a bit more floral in taste.

Freya's Score 70
Mona's Value 6.7
The MV is calculated by dividing the FS by the price; this produces a better analytic which takes into consideration price as well as overall taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!