Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wine-o: Heady Topper

Heady Topper Double IPA Waterbury, Vermont
Alcohol 8%
Price $12 (4-pack of 16 oz.)

The brewery is located in Waterbury, VT just 20 minutes southeast of Burlington along I-89 and right next to the Ben & Jerry's factory.  It is again a very nondescript building, but close to the highway.  They sell growlers and 4-packs of cans.  (Perhaps check their facebook ahead as they were out when we visited; they had just filled all of their Burlington area orders.)

This beer gains rave reviews from everyone we've met.  And Beer Advocate has ranked it as the #3 beer in the world.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  To me, the hoppy flavors dissolved into a fruity goodness, swirling around my mouth.  It was a very different experience from other beers I've tasted.  I also like this brewery's business model.  This is the #1 beer their customers like, and so it is the ONLY beer that they brew.  Simple, smart, and lucrative.

The BF describes this as "#1 beer that I've ever had... that's still in production".  That's pretty good if you ask me...

Freya's Score: 98
Mona Value: 8.2
The MV is calculated by dividing the FS by the price, giving a better analytic that takes into consideration price as well as overall taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!