Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wine-o: Barefoot 2010 Moscato

Barefoot 2010 Moscato, California
9% Alcohol

This wine is large. It was given to me at a party, but for whatever reason it was never opened.  Now that we are moving, I am working through my pantry and uncovered this gift.  

When I first started drinking wine, I had just graduated from college and was also graduating from Cosmopolitans and Malibu Coconut Rum and Kool-Aid.  I loved drinking Riesling wine, especially the late harvest, and I think I would have loved this Moscato as it is very sweet and smooth; all in all a simple wine.  (Now I wish it was a large buttery California Chardonnay, or a sparkling wine, oh how times change.)

Pairings:  Would pair well with cupcakes and taquitos.  That or a keg I suppose, it's just so sweet!  For the more sophisticated drinker, I would like to try it with key lime.  In any respect as the bottle I was given is the large/grande size, I will be tasting it with a variety of options.  

Freya's Score: 40 If you like sweet drinks, this is your girl.  
Mona's Value: 5 The price is right for any party.

Cost:  ~$8- from the Pineville, MO Macadoodle's Liquor Store.  Buy a case of mixed wines and enjoy a 10% discount!  Or, check out their new e-commerce store for more great deals.

*Note: My Father recommended that I change the metrics by which the wines are ranked.  A Freya Score of 80 means that I think this wine is better than 79% of the other wines I've tasted.  A Mona Value of 70 is calculated as: VALUE = FREYA.SCORE/ PRICE.PER.BOTTLE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!