Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wine-o: 2010 Apothic Red

Apothic Red 2010 Modesto, CA
13% Alcohol

This wine was given to me as a dinner party present.  I was excited to try it as I had seen just recently that it will be featured at the Peel Compton Foundation's 2012 Gardens Uncorked event this month.  The wine is a blend of several reds, including Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and more.  It has a very fruity flavor and I found it a sweeter, more full bodied red.  It bursts in your mouth with a hint of vanilla.

Pairings:  Would pair well with red meats, but I think it would also go amazingly well with a Margherita or wild mushroom pizza.

Freya's Score: 77 This is a wonderful wine, although I wonder if those who prefer drier or less sweet wines would like it as much... 

Mona's Value: 7.7 Technically, since I did not pay for this wine as it was a gift, the Mona should be 77, however I thought I'd play fair.

Cost:  ~$10.00 from the Pineville, MO Macadoodle's Liquor Store.  Buy a case of mixed wines and enjoy a 10% discount!  Or, check out their new e-commerce store for more great deals.

*Note: My Father recommended that I change the metrics by which the wines are ranked.  A Freya Score of 80 means that I think this wine is better than 79% of the other wines I've tasted.  A Mona Value of 70 is calculated as: VALUE = FREYA.SCORE/ PRICE.PER.BOTTLE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!