Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wine-o: Amiral Bourdeaux White


Amiral Dubroca 2010 Bourdeaux White, FRANCE
12-14% Alcohol

When I walked into the Liquor store and told my friend Dan I was looking for some spring weather whites, he took me straight to this wine, telling me it was a great buy at $15.  You can taste it!  The wine is smooth with fruity flavors of pear and lemon.  It has a crisp finish and strong nose, a great summer wine!

Amiral Dubroca Bordeaux white is a lovely, brilliant pale yellow colour. The wine has a complex nose of grapefruit, lemon, roasted nuts and candied fruit. An ideal accompaniment for fish – grilled or cooked in sauce - , white meat and poultry.

Pairings:  I think this would taste delicious with a salmon or other baked white fish.  It also would go well with sauteed spinach.  I served it with roasted chicken and sweet potatoes.  

Freya's Score: 80 a wonderful fruity taste!  I've never had a white Bourdeaux before, so this was a fun experiment!

Mona's Value: 5.33 a great wine, but on the more expensive side of what I am used to, especially considering that I got this bottle at a really great price.

Cost:  ~$15.00 from the Pineville, MO Macadoodle's Liquor Store.  Buy a case of mixed wines and enjoy a 10% discount!  Or, check out their new e-commerce store for more great deals.

*Note: My Father recommended that I change the metrics by which the wines are ranked.  A Freya Score of 80 means that I think this wine is better than 79% of the other wines I've tasted.  A Mona Value of 70 is calculated as: 

VALUE = FREYA.SCORE/ PRICE.PER.BOTTLE

My Father is a genius, so I think this will work out well.  Thank you for all the support readers!  Your comments both public and private are encouraged and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!