Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wine-o: Cupcake Petite Sirah

Cupcake Petite Sirah, 2009 Central Coast, CA

13.5% Alcohol

This wine was recommended to me by a friend and since I love the Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc, I thought I would give it a try.  It is a simple wine, with dark berry flavors, smooth with almost no body.  The flavor was good.  It seems to me that my taste recently is leaning towards the big, spicy Zinfandels and Cabernet Sauvignons, which this is no where near.

From the vineyard's beautiful website:
We harvested these tiny berries in the early morning and transported the grapes over to the crush pad. A dense, full-bodied red wine, crafted from the coolest Central Coast areas, this Petite Sirah is anything but petite in flavor. Bursting with dark cherry, blackberry and bittersweet espresso notes, it has a creamy mouthfeel derived by aging a portion of the wine in small oak barrels. This wine is reminiscent of a dark chocolate cupcake with a vanilla berry coulis. 
The BF, was very skeptical, asking multiple times if it was a sweet wine.  It's not!  He tried it, loved it, finished the bottle for me!

Freya's Score: 7
A great flavor, if not exactly to my preferences

Cost:  $8.97 in Southern Missouri, bought from the Macadoodle's location in Pineville, MO.  This is a great deal if you purchase it with the fantastic Macadoodle's case of wine deal.  Try out the Macadoodle's new e-commerce store to have wine and other goodies delivered to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!