Sunday, March 4, 2012

Freya the Bacteria Ball


Despite Freya's "hyrbid vigor" there has been one health problem that has cropped up as of late.  I have had to take her to the vet multiple times because of digestive problems that have led to me having to let her out some nights every 90 minutes.  The vet has informed me that this is due to the fact she loves to eat what she finds outside, namely the leavings of others, be it cow, horse, bird, squirrel, you name it.
The vet put her on a strict diet, antibiotics, and a Purina brand probiotic.  She cleared up after a week (and a $200 bill). Not to mention the fact that she refused to eat the healthy stomach cleansing i.d. food, leading me to have to mix it with peanut butter to get her to eat at all...

The probiotics I was given were enough for 30 days.  And I noticed that after I stopped the same problem started up again.  I was advised by a friend to feed her plain yogurt with rice and boiled chicken.  Not only does she LOVE Walmart yogurt now, but the issue seems to be mostly resolved.  I went on to purchase the Purina Pro Plan dog food.  The Chicken & Rice formula is corn and beef free, which apparently are the two most common allergies dogs have.

2 comments:

  1. My dobie also has a sensitive tummy. He's on Purina Pro Plan for sensitive skin & stomach and I give him a fish oil supplement as well. he's millllles better, plus his coat is super glossy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purina Pro Plan has worked miracles for Freya! Loving Blue Buffalo also

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!