Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wine-o: Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc

Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc 2010
Alcohol: 13.5%

After a lovely stint in Southern California for the holidays, my father and stepmother have turned me onto white wine again.  I bought this wine as it is a favorite of my mother's, but during her visit over Thanksgiving Arkansas was just too chilly for white wine.

The wine is full of citrus flavors and bursts on the tongue.  Previous years of this wine have had more of a spicy herbal taste to them, almost like a sage or rosemary.  However, to me, the 2010 tastes of tart citrus.

"New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc at its best, this wine displays excellent palate weight and length,with flavours of ripe passion fruit, lemon and peach supported by fresh, zesty acidity."  Snooth.com Winemaker Notes

Freya's Score: 7

I confess I preferred earlier years where there was not as much citrus, and more of an herbal quality.

Cost: ~ $12 in Southern Missouri, bought from the Macadoodle's location in Pineville, MO.  This is a great deal if you purchase it with the fantastic Macadoodle's case of wine deal.  They have a discount section that provides cases of wine perfect for any party, event, or just a personal favorite that one wants to always have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!