Sunday, January 22, 2012

Culture Bit: Post Mail Valentines

The Holiday season is filled with many wonderful things.  And one of those, are post mail holiday cards.  My mantelpiece is full of holiday cards, pictures of family and friends, glad tidings and bright colors.  I love it.


I received a letter from my dear college roommate.  I especially loved her letter because it included little pictoglyphs showing her life.  (She works for an art museum, is trying to use up outdated stationary, and loves her two poodles dearly).


I have decided to try to extend this post mail card tradition into the New Year via Valentine's Day. 


While many people associate "love" with Valentine's Day, a great many associate the opposite.  This includes practically all single women, and men who feel a sense of pressure from their counterparts (including the BF).  


And I have decided to embrace the joy that children have for Valentine's day and give out valentines.  Last year I sent out Valentine's day cards to all my dear friends.  And I have every intention to do that again this year.  


Because who doesn't enjoy getting a pretty card that says I love you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!