Friday, December 30, 2011

Wine-o: Wilson Creek Winery Almond Champagne

Wilson Creek Winery Almond Champagne, Temecula, California
11% Alcohol

To celebrate the holiday season, Macadoodle's featured several specialty wine tastings to help customers plan for their Christmas meal.  I was lucky to find my friend Dan at the Wine bar and knew I was in for a treat.  I was surprised to see that the first wine was the Wilson's Creek Almond Champagne.

Now, I love Wilson Creek.  Mainly because this is my father's favorite vineyard in Temecula.  My father is lucky enough to live within an hour of Wilson's and is a proud member of the Wilson Creek Wine Club.  I asked Dan: "You mean start out the evening with champagne?"

"Well yeah, invite people into your home with a little bubbly!  Loosen things up a bit!" was his response.

Freya's Score: 8 -If you like almonds, and you like champagne, you will like this.  It is bubbly, the almond welcomes you with a friendly aroma and continues with a lovely slightly sweet flavor.  If you are looking for your bottle buddy for December 31st, this is a great alternative to a dry or overly sweet champagne.  Available in several Liquor Stores, including the Macadoodle's Pineville location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!