Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wine-o: Cline Zinfandel

Cline 2010 Zinfandel Lodi, California
Alcohol 14%
Price $12

This wine, had a great review from my Opa (the Dutch word for Grandfather).  We asked him to compare this wine with the Murphy Goode Merlot we served him first.  While he enjoyed the Merlot, he stated that it was better served with the meal (chicken sausage with onions, mushrooms, salad, and baked potatoes) while the Zinfandel was great on its own.

I've never heard my Opa speak about wine before.  In fact, I was under the assumption that he wasn't partial to anything except his whiskey and ginger ale which he has every night before bed.  (He buys a large handle of basic whiskey and stores it and the 2 liter of ginger ale in the top of the coat closet by the garage.)

Beyond my Opa's opinion, this wine was selected because my mother and I love Zinfandels (in particular the Plungerhead) and also because Cline is known for their Zinfandel.  If you want to try a great one, many will advise you to try a Cline Old Vine Zinfandel.


Freya's Score 86
Mona's Value 7.2
The MV is calculated by dividing the FS by the price, giving a better analytic that takes into consideration price as well as overall taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!