Monday, August 6, 2012

Wine-o: American Microbreweries

The USA is the home to several microbreweries.  In New England I have noticed a pride in local microbrews that I didn't detect in Arkansas.    Breweries are very fun to visit, often with a dining room for sampling beer and basic pub fare.  And of course, a ton of retail items such as t-shirts, coolers, hats, dog leashes, etc.  Many breweries also offer guided tours.

The BF's favorite type of beer is IPA, and so this is more often than not the kind of beer in the fridge, and thus the kind that I try.  I am not a huge beer drinker, and my taste is narrow and specific, however I will rank beers on a 100 point scale.  I can detail the fun experiences at the breweries that we visit as well.

Printer Friendly Maps & Cheat Sheets:
New Hampshire
Vermont
Maine
Massachusetts
New York
Connecticut
Rhode Island

For more information about microbreweries, one can watch "Beer Wars" (available on Netflix Instant). This is a documentary about the market share struggle between the "big 3" and microbreweries across the country.  The narrator has a very clear opinion, but the documentary is informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!