Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wine-o: The Show Cabernet Sauvignon


The Show 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa County, CA
Alcohol: 13.9%

I confess I was very surprised to read the vineyard's notes on this wine.  I did not think this wine was "big and bold".  I enjoyed this wine with my grandmother (who has had several more wine tasting years than me and I assume therefore a more sophisticated palate).  We both agreed that the wine was simple, not overly flavorful and with a short finish.  The wine was fruity and a tad sweet, reminding me of the Masked Rider Petite Syrah.


We used a portion of this bottle in our slow cooked elk roast and it was delicious!  We mixed it with turkey broth, dry onion soup mix, several garlic cloves, and spices.  After 9 hours, dinner was ready and it was amazing!

Vintage Notes:

Like a Hatch print for an Elvis gig, The Show grabs your attention. Big and bold, it is dominated by full flavors of dried black cherries, jammy preserves and complex toasty, vanilla, and spicy oak. Learn more at www.threethieves.com
Other Notes:
86% Cabernet Sauvignon 12% Petite Sirah 2% Zinfandel


Price: ~$15
Freya Score: 58
Mona Value: 3.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!