Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wine-o: SCV Sauvignon Blanc

SCV Sauvignon Blanc, 2010 Sonoma, CA
13.7% Alcohol

This wine was recommended to me by Dan from Macadoodle's, a good white wine to have handy he would say.  To me, this wine has a very crisp aroma as well as taste.  It is almost zesty with citrus.  A short finish and on the drier side, this is not a "sweet" Sauvignon Blanc by my standards.  Nor would I say it has an "herby" flavor like the Nobilo Sauvignon (an aspect which I love in Sauvignon Blancs).

I opened this wine after the BF and I watched Food Matters, a documentary on "optimal health" through natural and wholistic practices.    I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in a healthy diet or alternative healing options.  It seemed like this wine would go great with our "super" vegetable laden salads.  It did just that.  And I anticipate it will be delicious with our shrimp Green Curry Thai tonight.


Freya's Score: 7
I love this wine's back label.  It seems very authentic to me, I love this idea of having a simple rundown from the vineyard on the bottle.

Cost: ~ $15 in Southern Missouri, bought from the Macadoodle's location in Pineville, MO.  This is a great deal if you purchase it with the fantastic Macadoodle's case of wine deal.  Try out the Macadoodle's new e-commerce store to have wine and other goodies delivered to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!