Friday, November 11, 2011

Wine-o: Dad's Day Off Pinot Noir

Dad's Day Off Pinot Noir, 2009 Puglia ITALY

Recently I watched 2004 movie "Sideways" with Paul Giamatti.  The film takes place on the California coast where Paul's character is a skilled wine taster with a love of Pinot Noir.  I decided to pick up some on my next trip to Macadoodle's Liquor Store.  

It turns out the the Pinot Noir grape is one of the sassier ones in that it is very difficult to grow.  Originating in Italy there are several Pinot Noir vineyards also in the Bourgogne region of France.  The wine feels velvety in the mouth and has a long finish.  The aromas are subtle and I thought I smelled hints of strawberry and rosemary.


The bottle recommends pairing with a beef dish or as an aperitif.  It went well with the venison quesadillas I made for dinner as well.



This wine shows dried black cherry aromas accented with spicy notes of clove and a hint of sweet tobacco. Quite fruity and surprisingly luscious on the palate with velvety smooth tannins and a slightly earthy finish.


Freyas Score: 6 I enjoy this wine, it is very rich and not as spritely as a Cabernet Sauvignon. 

Cost: less than $14 Southern Missouri, bought from the Macadoodle's location in Pineville, MO.  I confess I bought this wine because of it's name, it was on the "Funny Wines" central display which I always love to check out. This is a great deal if you purchase it with the fantastic Macadoodle's case of wine deal.  10% off all bottles of wine not already on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!