Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Banana Bread Muffins

This year, instead of the more traditional Easter Hot Cross Buns, I decided to make the King Arthur Flour Heavenly Healthy Banana Bread but in muffin form.

I do have a problem with this recipe, I have a hard time rationing it... hence turning it into muffins.  This also allowed me to try out a new muffin solution, instead of store bought wrappers, I used cut parchment paper.  (I love the rustic look.)  I changed the baking time to 30 minutes at 350.

In the past I have also replaced the butter in this recipe with sunflower oil.  Sunflower oil gives a great flavor to baked goods, however I have noticed that it decreases the baking time by a couple minutes.

Serve with chunky peanut butter...

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I bought Sunflower Oil at Walmart last week. I haven't explored all its uses but I'm looking forward to trying it with baked goods.

    Speaking of bananas..I had a chainana for the first time yesterday. It was very Delicious, I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Freya loves feedback!